I am not my disease.
What Is Adenomyosis?
Adenomyosis is a condition of the uterus (womb) where the cells that normally form a lining on the inside of the uterus, also grow in the muscle wall of the uterus.
Where dose Adenomyosis occur?
Adenomyosis is most likely to occur in the muscle layer of the back wall of the uterus but can occur anywhere in the muscle layer. If adenomyosis is concentrated in one area, it can lead to a mass called an adenomyoma.
Can an enlarged uterus cause constipation?
In short, yes. General symptoms of an enlarged uterus, which can be caused by fibroids and other conditions as well, may include:
- Unexplained weight gain or a swollen lower belly
- Frequent urination
What are the signs and symptoms?
The most common symptoms are:
- abnormal or heavy menstrual bleeding
- painful periods
- often after years without pain
- pain with intercourse (dyspareunia)
- bleeding between periods
- on vaginal examination, the uterus feels enlarged and is often tender to touch
- excessive menstrual bleeding can lead to symptoms of anaemia (deficiency in the number of red blood cells) or iron deficiency such as: tiredness
References; https://www.jeanhailes.org.au/health-a-z/vulva-vagina-ovaries-uterus/adenomyosis# ;
© Copyright Humble Soul Life Of A Juicer